Well, it’s high time I started reblogging on here. It’s been months since an update.
I have been busy earning money for Christmas and the holidays by doing some outwork. I have been sewing hats, sewing for another designer and am currently making up 5 bridesmaid dresses from scratch for a wedding end of January.
When the dresses are finished to fit stage I will be carrying on with my plans and goals I have set for my business this year.
It’s time for focus and setting both personal and business goals for 2011. For me, if I want to make progress and see where I am going I need goals, concrete goals written down on paper and on the wall where I can see them everyday.
As this blog is about my business, the goals I have set for the business are as follows:
– TO FINISH PATTERNING MY RANGES WHICH I DESIGNED LAST YEAR AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS NEEDED
– TO MAKE UP SAMPLES OF THE GARMENTS IN EACH RANGE
– TO PHOTOGRAPH THESE SAMPLES
– TO MAKE A LOOKBOOK
– TO HATCH A WHOLESALE PLAN TO SELL TO RETAILERS
– TO UPDATE MY BUSINESS PLAN and PUT TOGETHER A PORTFOLIO
– TO JOIN DUNEDIN FASHION INCUBATOR FOR ASSISTANCE IN GROWING MY BUSINESS
– LEARN PHOTOSHOP and ILLUSTRATOR
– BUY A CAMERA
– GET A WEBSITE DONE
– TO GROW MY CUSTOMER BASE
– TO HAVE 3000 FANS for MY BUSINESS ON FACEBOOK
So in a nutshell, those are my goals. There is a lot of work here, but I am ready for it.
I don’t know who said this but it goes something like this…. ‘dreams and ideas without action are pointless’